Ministry and Youth Leaders
Awaken offers awareness and prevention training for both parents and youth group aged students as well as training for staff and ministry leaders. Typically, we adopt your youth group for the month (four 2-hour sessions). Night one we meet with your leadership and staff and end with an hour session with parents and staff. The following three nights, we work directly with your youth leaders and youth group.
With parents, we specifically give a preview of what we will cover with their children during the youth sessions. This serves as a Q&A period as well as an overview for internet safety—one of our greatest prevention methods.
Staff and ministry leaders will be equipped to:
- Recognize a trafficking situation
- Identify at-risk students
- Practical next steps to reach students
- Tips to create peer advocates
- Basics of grooming and trafficking & internet safety
- Finding your voice
- Helping others find their voice