Get the Facts:
Sex Trafficking is in our Backyard
- Victims of sex trafficking can be found almost anywhere and come from all walks of life.
- This is not an isolated problem. Nor is it a problem solely in other countries.
Sex trafficking is a real and growing problem in our own neighborhoods.
- Awaken has worked with over 100 exploited women on the streets of Reno since 2011 and that is only scratching the surface of the problem
Get Involved: Pray With Us
One of the most important things we can all do is pray together. We hold monthly prayer nights at various churches in the community. We also support and attend Acts4Prayer’s monthly prayer nights. We invite you to come join us as we cry out to God for unity, renewal and revival in our city
Give: Donate Time or Resources
As with any organization fighting to make a major difference in the lives of people and communities, this take time and money. There are many ways you can get involved in helping Awaken as a volunteer. Donations of funds help with on-going rescue, restoration, and revival efforts happening on a daily basis.
We work closely with local law enforcement to help victims escape “the life”. When a victim needs help, law enforcement contacts us and we are there to provide:
- A safe place to stay while we plan the next steps
- Food and clothing
We have a long-term vision to create a restorative community. This will include:
- A community of homes for survivors
- Physical, mental and spiritual care
- Education and employment opportunities
- Transitional home(s) for those ready to be on their own
- Lasting change in the area of sex trafficking will only happen when our hearts are turned to Jesus.
- We pray that God would change our city into a place of healing and hope; a place of refuge and safety.
- We join with the churches in our community to bring unity among the believers. As the church, we must protect our women and children.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world
– James 1:27